Monday, December 6, 2010

Linger... Reflections On A Winter Afternoon



During a little spat a few years ago, the Husband stated: “for 28 years you have hardly ever said a word… & now you won’t shut up."

Post Apocalyptic Bohemian started 23 months ago & is an example of a New Year personal challenge. I promised myself a post a day, & I was deeply concerned that I would have nothing to say… & now I won’t shut up.

Sometimes I just like to profoundly shake up that which has become deeply rutted in routine. 2 years ago, we changed the side of the bed we had slept on for 30 years. One year, to prove to myself that I could, I went on a hike. Really. Now I can check that off my list of things to do in my lifetime.

The Husband & I have decided this afternoon to change the term of endearment that we have long given to each other.

The Husband has granted me the new pet name- Blue Beary.
For him I have chosen- Wikkileaks.

Have never been in drag, outside of being in women's clothing in a play, & I have never been to a Radical Fairie event, but I have chosen names for both roles, just in case. My drag name would be Miss Serenity Lane with my fab stage show- You Could Drive A Person Crazy:The Songs Stylings of Miss Serenity Lane (Serenity Lane is a rehab clinic outside of Portland, hence the irony). My Fairie name is Honey Buckit. I have reason to believe I would look like Marjorie Main in drag. But, I think I would make a fine Fairie.


You know how there are internet sites devoted to listeners misunderstanding lyrics? As a child I used to belt out "barnyard virgin mother in chains" to the tune of Silent Night.

The husband is not working this month & he is almost always home. Because we just can’t spend enough time together, & this afternoon we consolidated errands & used the car as a team. The Husband was mortified as I was singing along to the tune on the car radio, thinking the lyrics were: “Do I have to use your finger?” to The Cranberries 1990s hit- Linger?

Stephen:
"But I’m in so deep
You know I’m such a fool for you
You got me wrapped around your finger
Do you have to use your finger
Do you have to, do you have to
Do you have to, do you have to use your finger?"

No comments:

Post a Comment