Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Do You Wanna See My Balls?

Just short of needing meds for being compulsive obsessive (alphabetized CDs, color coded closet), I am not afraid to own up being a collector (but not a hoarder). I have posted about collecting certain writers & musical artists. I collect different versions of certain songs- Mack The Knife & Waters Of March, to name 2. I collect river rocks, but only those that hva stripe & are oval. For decades I have been  drawn tocollect orbs, from marbles to bowling balls, globes to gazing balls.





About a year ago, I started posting about my collection of vintage photographs, mostly 1860-1960, of men being affectionate with each other. It is a getting close to being a world class gathering of snapshots & formal portraits. I have been in the process of trying to determine who I can leave them to. I would love to find an institution that would like to preserve this hand-picked archive of men touching, hugging & kissing each other. Some of these photos are framed & put into very tasteful groupings by the Husband, & many I just have in protective sleeves in a box that can be brought out for viewing. They are all treasures to me, but sometimes I will revisit one & really scrutinize & study it, their is power in visiting the past. This one was framed on the fridge & it slipped out of the bottom of its clip-on frame & slid under the appliance. I am so lazy. I took months for me move the thing & retrieve SHO-ME:



I like to consider who the gentlemen are in the photographs, who they might have been & what the meant to each other.
What do you think this scene was all about?

Singles, 3s, or groups? Most of the Vintage Photo Collection are duos & a handsome handful of groups of 3s. There are very few groups, but here are 2 more that I favor:


Click on image to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment