Sunday, September 12, 2010

You're My First, My Last, My Everything




We were married, on our 25th Anniversary of being a couple, in Vancouver B.C., on the roof of a building with a beautiful view of that singularly striking skyline. Our dear friends from Seattle- Ken & Eiric (this summer they celebrated 24 years) stood up for us. We wrote our own vows & had not shared them with each other. We became teary eyed when, independent of each, we both quoted the same song lyric as a section of each of our pledges to love each other forever.

That song lyric was from You’re The First, The Last, My Everything by 5 time Grammy Award winner Barry White, known for his rich bass voice & romantic image. White's greatest success came in the 1970s as a solo singer & with his Love Unlimited Orchestra, crafting many sexy hits of soul, funk, & disco songs that I used for background music for seduction & sex. A worldwide favorite, White had many platinum albums & singles, with combined sales of over 100 million, & he helped get me laid countless times. Thanks, Barry, I needed your assistance.

Barry White left this world in the summer of 2003, just when I needed him the most. Today marks the 66th year of the day of his birth.


These are just a few of the vintage photographs of male couples from my collection of 100+. I love to study them & wonder about the subjects. I make up names & back stories for them, click on an image to enlarge:



My first, my last, my everything,
& the answer to all my dreams.
You're my sun, my moon, my guiding star.
My kind of wonderful, that's what you are.

I know there's only, only one like you
There's no way they could have made two.
You're, you're all I'm living for
Your love I'll keep for evermore.
You're the first, my last, my everything.

In you I've found so many things,
A love so new, only you could bring.
Can't you see if you,
You'll make me feel this way,
You're like a first morning dew on a brand new day.
I see so many ways that I can love you,
'Till the day I die...

You're my reality, yet I'm lost in a dream.
You're my first, my last, my everything.

I know there's only one, only one like you
There's no way they could have made two.
You're my reality.
But I'm lost in a dream,
You're the first, you're the last, my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment