Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Music... Interpol

I had been digging their sound for a few years, & I assumed that they were British, given the petulant delivery & sleek suits... but these are NYC boys. Their music is moody, smart, dryly humorous, & aggressively sophisticated. The members of Interpol come across as notably dispassionate. With their artful scowls and custom-made suits, they can come off like a GQ photo spread. The former quartet is now a trio, but the sound is better than ever.


Interpol, along with the Strokes, & Yeah Yeah Yeahs, are credited with launching a new NYC–centric sound: artsy, smart, urgent. Their 4th album, the self titled- Interpol was released was released last Tuesday, & I downloaded it that day. I have really been engaged by their new songs, the perfect soundtrack for the transition to autumn.



The Post Apocalyptic Bohemian is zany for music.  If you love the tunes like I love the tunes, check out my friend Howard's blog. His site is all about the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment