Sunday, February 6, 2011

Goings On At Post Apocalyptic Bohemia

I was startled to hear someone else say what I have been saying for a decade- "Your house is like the Winchester Mystery House, if your husband keeps working on it, building, changing... he will never die."


Post Apocalyptic Bohemia is situated in a regulation working class bungalow in a working class neighborhood. The original house had 2 small bedrooms off of a tiny hallway. Those bedrooms are now each of our workspaces. The husband recently sealed off the original door to his space, & built a wall.  On Monday,The Husband & our dear friend T, a gilder by trade, silver leafed the wall. When you enter the front door of our hovel, it is a straight shot to the new wall. On reflection the next day, the Husband owned up to feeling that the wall was ostentatious. I am crazy about it. What do you think?

Before

Where there once was door & now there is a wall





The process, & you can't have too many boys in horizontal striped T-shirts. Skinny guys really piss me off! If I wore horizontal stipes, I would look like a carnival tent.



Do I like it, or am I frieghtened by the silver wall?

Larry & I enjoy the wall this morning...
The piece of woodwork at the top is a vintage Thai architectural element, also gulided by T.


There is no reason to post this photograph except that T has a fine ass & the Husband is handsome when he is earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment