Thursday, February 24, 2011

That Is The Most Hyperbole That I Have Ever Experienced In A Zillion Years!



February Arctic Blast!, complete with special graphics & theme music. 6am-noon, the networks' programing was preempted by local coverage of the crippling blizzard of 2011. The openly gay mayor of Portland held a press conference yesterday urging citizens to drive only if they really must & to consider public transportation. Schools were canceled. Businesses closed. In the end, we experienced the tiniest dusting of snow that lasted a couple of hours.


The view downtown early in the morning

I grew up in Eastern Washington, where it snowed several feet a season, with storms from Halloween to Easter. I took my initial drivers' test when I was 16, during a snow storm. We must give a good chuckle to the rest of our great country as Portland, Oregon grapples with the paralyzing flurries that stopped us cold. I am embarrassed. In fact I am more embarrassed than I have ever, ever been in my entire life!

 The view of the back garden at Post Apocalyptic Bohemia. Note the impressive total snow fall.

The forecasters caledl it all wrong, as usual, but we are going to experience record setting cold in the next 48 hours. The most cold Arctic air that has ever blasted into Portland ever in the history of our city! I will most likely freeze to death!

No comments:

Post a Comment