Saturday, March 26, 2011

Etiquette According To Tom Ford

Waiting to have my haircut by Darleen at 7 Bucks A Whack, I passed up the current edition of Maxim for last month's Interview with Tom Ford. I was gobsmacked to learn this tid-bit:
"When I come home...I wear no clothes until I leave. I eat naked. I do everything completely naked."



Thanks, Mr. Ford! I have not been able to think of anything else for hours.

In the interview in Interview, Ford gave some tips on being a modern gentleman:

“Putting your best foot forward when you step outside each day to greet the world. It’s a show of respect to others around you. 

 “You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged & you have to be contributing to the world.”

“Manners are very important & actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always open doors for women, I carry their coat, I make sure that they’re walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at & leave the dinner table.”

“True gentleman are not pretentious, racist or judgmental.” 

 “Gentleman should not wear shorts or flip-flops in the city. Flip-flops are for the beach & shorts are for the tennis court."

No comments:

Post a Comment