Thursday, November 4, 2010

Beer, Books, Bikes, Bands, Brews, Bakeries, Bears... Portland



The last 2 days have been a gift. After one of the coolest, wettest summers on record, with a growing season too short to have ripe tomatoes or pumpkins, Portland has enjoyed a glorious autumn. We had days in the 70s & 80s in October.The start of November has been a gift. Today is the 4th day of the month & it will 70+ & sunny. By a zany set of circumstances, I have a 5 days stretch with only one work day. Today, we will continue to put the garden to bed, but I plan to spend a big chunk of time just "being", & enjoying Post Apocalyptic Bohemia & feeling very fortunate to live in Portland, in my nutty neighborhood of Kenton. Tonight the husband is making a vegan feast, I am serving a special autumn cocktail, as we entertain Pony Boy & his BF- Special K for a Glee Marathon. During my staycation, I am hoping to exercise one of my most important maxims:" If to feels or tastes good; more is even gooder."

No comments:

Post a Comment