Thursday, November 25, 2010

Born On This Day- November 25th... John Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr

The above photograph, torn from People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive 1998 issue, was on my fridge for half a decade before it tuned yellow & brittle. You see, I really loved him. I loved his father & his uncles. I adored his mother. I admire his sister. I do not believe in Monarchy, unless I end up to be the Monarch, but I was fascinated & drawn to our country's close-to-being-royalty. The entire big brood: Shrivers, Bouviers, Radziwills, Smiths, Lawfords. I like to think that most of them were honorable.


I watched him grow up, & then I watched him grow up. I started tearing out photos of him from magazines.



Back in the 1980s, as I saw it, there was a huge cosmic error that I didn't have John Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr. as my boyfriend. On that summer day in 11 years ago, his tragic death knocked the wind out me & at first I didn't believe it was true, & then I actually grieved, cried & felt sick.  He was a lawyer, a publisher & I pilot. He would have been 50 years old today. Can you even conceive of how hot he still would have been? Can you imagine what he might have achieved?

No comments:

Post a Comment