Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things


I love my bed. In a nod to Pee Wee Herman, I call it “beddy”, my beddy. Even with my love affair with my sleeping place, it is used exclusively for sleeping & well, you know…I don’t eat, read or watch TV in bed.





The bed frame is from West Elm, & the headboard is by the Husband, made from pieces of a vintage door from Indonesia. The mattress is a California King by Royal-Pedic. The mattress retails for about $3000, but was purchased by the Husband at cost. The current blanket is a coverlet by Peacock Alley & the Duvet cover is from West Elm.




The Husband sleeps with his feet outside the covers & the duvet pulled up to his eyelids. He wears a tee shirt & curls up into a little ball. I sleep naked in corpse position with my upper chest outside of the covers. I share the bed with my man & 2 canines. Larry, the fat dog, likes to sleep on my feet, & junior sleeps curled up between us, making spontaneous affection between the husband & me mostly impossible. In fact, we rarely run into each other in the night.



I like to sleep. I can easily sleep 9 hours a night, & I love to nap in my beddie, slipping just under the duvet layer.

My childhood headboard re-used in the guest room.


A bed by the Husband in the guest room, circa 2001


I have always had a pretty cool bed. I still have my childhood headboard. It was the guest bed in the 2nd bedrrom until the Husband claimed the room as his studio. I make my bed every day & I have since I was 4 years old. One day in 2007, in an effort to prove that I am not the rigid control freak I was accused of being by the Husband & a friend, I chose not to make the bed. I went to work with the bed a morning tangle. I did well for the 1st hour, & then I thought about nothing else but the unmade bed all day until I got home in the evening. I made the bed just a few hours before I would get in it again. Never again.


Our bed in our Seattle cottage, circa 1986




Sleep tight & don’t let the bed bugs bite.


A bed that the Husband designed & built the headboard for WCK3 in October 2010.

A bed the Husband did for a photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment