Thursday, January 13, 2011

Do You Hear What I'm Saying?


I am watching the IFC channel, & although I have viewed it 5 or 6 times, there's this totally great scene in The Opposite of Sex (1998) where a gay kid is trying to blackmail a gay teacher for personal gain. The teacher grabs the kid's pierced nipple (through his shirt) & says:

"Listen to me, you little grunge faggot. I survived my family, my schoolyard, every Republican, every other Democrat, Anita Bryant, the Pope, the fucking Christian Coalition, not to mention a real son of a bitch of a virus, in case you haven't noticed. In all that time since Paul Lynde & Truman Capote were the only fairies in America, I've been busting my ass so that you'd be able to do what you wanted with yours! So I don't just want your obedience right now - which I do want & plenty of it - but I want your fucking gratitude, right fucking now, or you're going to be looking down a long road at your nipple in the dirt! Do you hear what I'm saying?"

No comments:

Post a Comment